Northeast Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services

D/HH Community Members

At NDHHS, we pride ourselves on not only our Referral Services, but also our advocacy and community education. We take the time to ensure that everyone – Requester, Community Member, and Interpreter – are on the same page and work together for the best communication access possible.

Deaf and Hard of Hearing community members can contact the Referral Department directly via Video Phone (603-968-5891)! For hearing community members, our voice number is 603-224-1850, ext 250.

A group of people piling hands in a huddle

Photo credit Hannah Busing

Community Profiles

NDHHS is committed to providing the most effective and qualified communication access possible, to best fit each unique community member, customer, and setting. In order to do this, we need your help! Please fill out our Community Member Profile Form!

This will allow us to cross-reference each request with your preferred communication matches, as well as other factors. In addition to securing the most efficient and appropriate interpreter for each request, by including your email on the Community Member Profile Form, we are able to send you an email as to who is confirmed for your upcoming appointment(s).

Click the link below to fill out the Community Member Profile form. We look forward to hearing from you!

Part B – Communication Access

“Part-B” is a federally funded program, granted to Northeast Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services, Inc. through the State of New Hampshire Department of Education Independent Living Part B (awarded through NH Vocational Rehabilitation) on an annual basis.

This program provides funding to cover the cost of communication access for social events where the cost of interpretation services would fall to an individual/the Deaf/Hard of Hearing Community Member. Part B can be used to pay for interpreters/CART for private family events, funeral services, weddings, family reunions, family parties, and other social events.

For questions regarding eligibility and details about Part B, please see our Part B FAQ section below.

Part B Frequently Asked Questions

What is Part B?
Part B is federal funding Northeast Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services, Inc. applies for annually. Part B pays for interpreter(s) for private family and social events.
What events qualify for Part B use?
Part B provides interpreting services for funerals, weddings, family reunions family parties and social events.
Who Is Eligible to Use Part B Funds?

Deaf or Hard of Hearing New Hampshire residents are able to use Part B funds. NDHHS must have a Profile Form/Part B application on file for you to use Part B. The form can be found HERE.

Who Pays?

Northeast Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services, Inc. pay the interpreters and/or CART providers directly using the Part B funds. The Deaf/Hard of Hearing person pays nothing.

How do I make a Part B Request?

Contact the Interpreter and CART Referral Department at Northeast Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services. The Referral Department Video Phone number is 603-968-5891 and the voice phone number is 603-224-1850 x250. The email address is You can also make a request using this online form. *Please contact NDHHS as early as possible to give us time to find interpreters.*

What Information Do I Need to Make a Part B Request?
  • Your name and best way to contact you (Email address and/or phone number.)
  • What kind of event (wedding, funeral, etc.)
  • The date and time of the event.
  • The names of other deaf/hard of hearing individuals are attending the event
  • The names of any interpreters you prefer.


Reach out to us today, we will be happy to help! Contact Us today.

Skip to content