iCanConnect promotes the National Deaf-Blind Equipment Distribution Program, a federally funded program, made possible by the 21st Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act of 2010.
The goal is to get technology into the hands of Americans with combined hearing and vision loss so they can connect with family, friends and community. For those who qualify, technology equipment used for distance communication is provided FREE.
Installation, training and technical support are also available at NO CHARGE.
Am I eligible?
- Have combined hearing and vision loss verified by a doctor or professional service provider
- Be able to be trained to use adaptive technology that makes it possible to use the telephone, computer or other communication equipment
- Meet the program’s income guidelines
- Complete the Application Form
- Complete the Attestation Form
How does it work?
- Submit your application, including disability and income verification information, to our Program Coordinator.
- Once your application has been approved, a qualified trainer will contact you for an assessment appointment. They will review your communication and technology needs to help provide you with the best equipment possible.
- When your equipment arrives, the trainer will set up another appointment to help you with installation and training to use the equipment.
- If you require further training or more equipment, just ask!
Disability Verification Guidelines (must meet one of each):
Must meet at least one of these sight requirements:
- Visual acuity of 20/200 or less in the better eye with corrective lenses
- A field of vision defect such that the peripheral diameter of visual field subtends an angular distance no greater than 20 degrees
- Progressive visual loss with a prognosis leading to one or both of above conditions
Must meet at least one of these hearing requirements:
- Chronic hearing loss severe enough that most speech cannot be understood with optimum amplification
- Progressive hearing loss having a prognosis leading to above condition
Income Verification Guidelines :
For New Hampshire residents, please refer to the 2021 Income Guidelines.
Application & Attestation Forms
These PDF forms are provided by the iCanConnect organization. If you have difficulty or questions about the information provided or requested on the forms, please contact us.
Reach out to us today, we will be happy to help!